About a month and a half ago, I published a post regarding my soon-to-be thirtieth birthday. I posted The Top 10 Accomplishments of My 20\’s . But in the last few days, as the day approaches closer and closer, I started thinking about the things I would LIKE to accomplish before I start my middle-aged life (yuck). However, unfortunately, I probably won’t have enough time to achieve these miraculous accomplishments (but I promise you I will one day soon, God willing). Yet, I thought it would be fun to share them with you anyhow :)
Here it goes…
10) Have my tell-all book become a bestseller.
9) Own an awesomely comfortable, pillow top, queen-sized bed
8) Visit Australia and maybe hop with the kangaroos
7) Read Hamlet from cover to cover
6) Buy a Gibson electric guitar with amp
5) Be totally and undoubtedly in shape… You see, once upon a time in my mid-twenties, I had a 25 inch waste and wore Express Jeans, but after marriage, living in the fattest city in the Middle East (that’s a fact), and losing an entire thyroid gland (seriously, it was not fun), I somehow went from being in shape to being… just average… gasp! End of story.
4) Be rich enough to buy a BMW. I don’t need to drive it, just keep it in front of my house and look at it everyday.
3) Publish an article in a nationally respected and recognized newspaper/magazine (i.e. New York Times, Newsweek, The New Yorker, etc.) And I am not talking about a “letter to an editor” or an opinion piece, but a 2,000 word news piece.
2) Cut my own album, all with my own original lyrics, music, and vocals. Oh and for it to be number 1, even if it’s for just a week.
1) TO SEE MY NAME IN LIGHTS… I had an employer once tell me that I shouldn’t be sitting behind a desk or working for anyone. She told me that I was the kind of person who was destined to see my name in lights one day. I don’t know if that’s true, but that would be just awesome…
I have so many dreams and just so little time.